Philipp Krenn - Elastic
"With microservices every outage is like a murder mystery" is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be! This talk gives an overview on how to monitor your Spring Boot applications from every possible angle. We dive into:
* System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
* Application logs: Collect structured logs in a central location.
* Uptime monitoring: Ping services and actively monitor their availability and response time.
* Application metrics: Get the information from Boot's metrics and health via REST or JMX.
* Request tracing: Use Sleuth to trace requests through a distributed system and Zipkin to show how long each call takes.
And we will do all of that live, since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.